Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fins Up!


So that catch up blogging isn't going quite as quickly as I had envisioned, but better late than never right? I have no intention about making this a pregnancy blog, but I thought it might be a good intro to this post to explain how we found out about the newest coconut to join our palm tree.

June 21, was a Monday (I know it seems like a long time ago) and the day before the Buffett concert. I have been known to consume a Margarita while in Margaritaville like any self-respecting parrothead would. I had to run out to the store to grab some hair products. While at the drug store I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a test just to make sure I wasn't introducing tequila to a minor. I bought the cheapest test which was right near the cash register. I got home and Dave had to leave to go to Home Depot (his home away from home). I put Isla to bed and took the first test. It immediately came up positive, but I thought that it probably was one of the .0001% inaccurate tests. So I took the second test. Same result. How did I tell Dave? Isla didn't get him a card for Father's Day, so she wrote him a sweet little letter to tell him how much she loved him and that mommy couldn't get wasted away in Margaritaville. This time, he realized I wasn't trying to tell him that we were getting a puppy.

But the party must go on! So we continued preparing our tailgate items and headed to Margaritaville with some of our faithful parrotheads!

Dave decided to put on all these leis before we went into the concert
He had only started with one (lei) at the beginning of the day
Some parrotheads came armed
Some parrotheads came thirsty

(Bottoms Up Board handmade by Viky Ketelhut.
Contact her attorney, Gregory Yatooma, for patent details)
But all the Parrotheads came together and had a great time.
Fins UP
Thanks to all who participated. We'll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment