Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm too lazy to go upstairs to upload pictures

Was that too honest of a title?

Well, thanks to all those who prayed for a good February for us.  We were ALL healthy and had a great month.  Dave has Isla's new bedroom almost done and she seems excited to move in.  We won't be moving her immediately, but her enthusiasm is encouraging.  Isla's most cute things as of late, "I got it! I did it!" in this really cute sing songy voice.  She loves to count and she constantly points out letters and says "ABC's."  We went to see Sesame Street Live with a bunch of Isla's cousins and she LOVED it!  I've always kind of been a hater of taking kids to things when they are too young to remember, but I will never forget the look on her face when Elmo walked on to that stage.  It was like a Jimmy Buffett concert for kids (and of course minus the inappropriate outfits and beverages.)  She is also really in to taking care of her baby and Buckle Bear.  She feeds them, watches shows with them and even changes their diapers every once in a while.  She does not allow them in her crib...she has her standards.

Dave is the healthiest person I know.  My sweet (and sweet lookin') dude makes us new flavors of smoothies and we are loving it.  Going to the grocery store and looking for leafy greens just makes my heart melt.  He just started back with P90X.  By the time summer comes, I'll have to beat the ladies off of him.

I'm still pregnant.  I was due yesterday, but our newest little coconut seems pretty comfortable inside.  I had a rough day today with being sick.  The doc thinks its probably a touch of the flu (apparently the flu shot I got doesn't apply to the stomach flu.)  I had an ultrasound today and the baby looks great with a heart rate around 140.  They estimate the baby's current weight at 7 lbs., 10 oz., but who really knows.  Because I've previously had a C-Section, I can't be induced.  My docs don't want me to go past 41 weeks, so if I don't have the baby by Monday, I'll have a C-Section bright and early on Tuesday morning.  We feel totally blessed to have a healthy looking baby and pregnancy.  Thanks for all of your prayers and support.  When I'm feeling less lazy, I'll post some pictures....but not of me. :)

2 comments:

  1. hilarious. love this post. and the fact that dave is shopping for leafy greens. our God is a God of miracles. love you, the coconuts, and dave-although I promise you will never have to beat me off of him. unless he's holding a dandee hostage. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, nin!!! it's sarah "severns". :) it's been sooo long since i've seen you! i saw your post on lindsay's blog. so fun to scroll through your pics - isla is beautiful - looks just like her daddy! can't wait to hear about the second... blessings on your birth experience!

    ReplyDelete