Monday, September 19, 2011

Sitto's 3rd Annual Summer Splash

After a small protest, my mom convinced us to head up to Traverse to celebrate "Sitto's 3rd Annual Summer Splash" at the Great Wolf Lodge.  It was a short, but fun-fillled event.  We got there late on Wednesday night.  Dave and I left Cruz with my mom and gave Isla to Dana to lodge with Brookie and Jenna.  We headed to the Red Mesa Grill, but Dana was the one who needed the margarita.  She finally broke down and barricaded Isla in the pack n' play after a failed attempt in the bunk beds including Isla trying to get in Jenna's crib.  Dana is a saint.  Thank God I have sisters.

The next morning we woke up bright and early.  And I mean that.  Dave and I shared a room with my mom.  She was attending a seminar and set her alarm for 5 a.m.  Cruz still was not sleeping through the night at that point, so after finally calming him down, I was quite startled to hear a fog horn at 5 a.m., and 5:10 and 5:15 and 5:20....you get the idea.  But we are still grateful to mom for sharing her room with us :)  We headed to the lazy river to begin the morning.  Isla isn't a huge fan of the slides or the huge bucket of water that dumps out every 10 minutes.  In fact, she would hear the bell ringing for the bucket and immediatley started crying and saying "no bucket! no bucket!"  The outdoor pool didn't open until 11 a.m., so we would just stand at the door and wait.  

On Friday night, it was my turn to stay with the girls in hopes they would fall asleep.  After Brookie started her animal light show for the 3rd time telling Isla and Jenna about all the animals at the circus, I had little hope of them being sound asleep.  It ended abruptly when Brookie told Isla they were going to go to the circus to see the animals at which point Isla popped out of bed saying "Ok!  We go!  I get my coat on! I get my shoes on!"  We ended up dragging Isla back to our room and all four of us slept in one bed.  Ahhh the memories.

 The lazy river
 Wahoo for the outdoor pool
 We went to our local favorite, The Blue Tractor" for dinner.
Jenna loved the ranch dressing.
 Startin early with pool basketball

 Can the outdoor pool open already?

 We got some cute family pictures of everyone's family except for ours.
But they sure are cute
 Where was Cruz the whole time?
In his basinett.  Sleeping.  Bless his heart.
 I couldn't help myself


 Thanks Sitto for another great Summer Splash

1 comment:

  1. You had a family picture, however, you rejected it. Also, poor Jenna took a sippy to the head in all of the night time entertainment.

    ReplyDelete