Sunday, September 13, 2009

Suit Up

A war wound on my elbow from kickball

#1 fan

Its game time sports fans! The fall is officially here (although the weather has been here since the spring) and that means one thing...Football...and lots of it. Dave hosted his Fantasy Football Draft here at THE Dorm on Wednesday night. Dave did all of the cooking. Those who were in attendance got to enjoy Jack's pizza for appetizer, followed by Jet's Pizza for dinner and finished off with Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. It went over far better than any dinner party I've ever hosted.

Friday was kickball. That's right, kickball. An adult sport that even those with no athletic ability whatsoever can play. We've been playing with the Shaggers for 3 years now and I have yet to play one game without making a complete fool of myself. We started off our season opener by winning both of our games. Isla was a champ during the double header and had her Mini Shagger onesie on to support the team. If you look closely at the picture above you can see where I scraped up my arm by sliding into first base. Come to find out from my personal kickball coach (Dave), I made 3 errors: 1) You never slide into first base. 2) If you do slide, you should go feet first. 3) You probably never need to slide for kickball. To add insult to injury (literally), I was called out. So much for my sweet moves.

Saturday was a big day. Michigan State vs. Central Michigan. We went to E. Lansing and met up with a few of our Shagger teammates. The Spartans suffered an embarrassing loss. Turns out the Chips have a lot more tricks in their bag than we anticipated.

Today we went to church, came home, and, you guessed it, watched football for the rest of the day. I'd like to write more, but I have a Bears game to watch and popcorn to eat.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Love her mini jersey! And you have a friend to Skype, so.........love you! Sounds like a missed some real culinary treats. Way to go Dave!

    ReplyDelete