Monday, November 23, 2009

Here we Go...

Now begins the time of year where we are booked with events every single weekend, every day of the weekend and many weeknights until after the first of the year. We are totally blessed to have a huge family, and no one ever said that we don't know how to celebrate. And celebrate we do...everything.

That being said, we actually didn't celebrate anything in particular this weekend. We bought a new Christmas tree on Saturday night. I'd post pictures of the tree, but its not totally decorated yet and I wouldn't want to do it an injustice. On Sunday we went to Ritz for the 25th Annual Chocolate Jubilee to benefit the Greater Michigan Alzheimer's Association. Isla put on the glam with her cute flower headband. She was a real show stopper, but her cousin Timmy gave her a run for her money in his dapper little suit.



I'm not a very crafty person, but there are times when I even impress myself. Ashley Livingston had a blog post with a link to a site that had these "Thankful Jars." I didn't look too tough, so I decided to make my sister and Dave's mom each one as a hostess gift for hosting Thanksgiving. If you are wondering how they are both hosting, our family celebrates Thanksgiving THREE TIMES. Thanksgiving proper is spent with the Borowicz family. "Black Friday" or what we like to refer to as "Olive Friday" is spent with the Yatooma/Geha crew. And finally Sunday we will celebrate "Alternative Thanksgiving" with the Mitzel brood. I wrote that I was thankful I didn't have to host a holiday. I'd post a link to the site that had the instructions, but I'm not sure how. Just goes to show you the limits of my craftiness.



No comments:

Post a Comment