Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Best New Year's Eve Ever

I don't know how most people feel about New Year's Eve, but my opinion of it is rather low. There is this huge gear up to find some fancy schmancy "event" to go to with friends. Then you go shopping for some outfit to wear to said fancy schmancy event. And, if you're anything like me, you look back at the pictures of the outfit and think "Why did I buy that again? Did I really think head to toe sequence was the way to go?" You end up paying way too much for the special New Year's Eve "package" which includes nothing more than a plastic headband, a noise maker, some bad champagne and a terrible cover band. Other than the kiss from my honey at midnight, I could scrap the whole thing.

This year, we did things a bit differently. While most of the family went to South of the border, we decided to go Up North with some of our favorite people, The Fezzeys. Quite possibly some of the nicest people anyone could ever meet. We were up at their cottage for four glorious, snowy days. The highlights included going to the Social Security office in Petoskey (where I legally changed my name to Borowicz after being married for 3 and 1/2 years), shopping at a grocery store that had a whole freezer full of fresh buffalo meat and, of course, a trip to Walmart to buy some random items. On New Year's Eve, we stayed in and made dinner. We all struggled to stay up till midnight (with a few snoozes here and there) and watched the ball drop on the Home Shopping Network. It was FANTASTIC! Thanks to the Fezzey's for being such great hosts and especially to Peter for twisting our arm to ditch our big plans to stay home and do nothing :)



Yep, her eyes are really that blue.
While we were up north, Isla took a bath for the first time without the baby tub. She thought it was the greatest! Have you ever seen cuter buns?
Isla also made a new best friend up north, Nilla.
They played together and shared food & toys.
Huge thanks to Uncle Mike, Aunt Suzy and Peter for giving us a great time of relaxation with great friends. We love you.

3 comments:

  1. adorable! glad you had so much fun. we missed you, but i think you got a better option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree 100% with your assessment of New Year's Eve hype. Isn't it so much less appealing once you have a baby!? Speaking of babies, Isla is just the cutest thing! I love her eyes, I'm pretty sure I've said that before but it bears repeating. Glad you had a fun time ringing in the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this post when I visited last, but gosh, she is adorable. I love her little naked bum in the tub...I should give that a try!

    ReplyDelete