Thursday, October 15, 2009

You Don't Know Jack

Actually, I do.

So I was pulling into court today for a hearing when I noticed that police officers were blocking the entrances and there was a mob of people in front of the Oakland County Courthouse. I presumed what any Arab would....a bomb threat. I pulled up to one of the officers and said, "Officer, I have a 1:30 hearing, is everything ok?" He replied, "Everything is fine, ma'am. We're just filming a movie."

I pulled around to the North entrance and drove around for 10 minutes trying to find a spot. When I got into court, I started asking some questions and found out they were filming a movie called "You Don't Know Jack", a story about Jack Kevorkian. I promptly texted my mom and some of the office staff and found out that Al Pacino was starring in the role of Jack Kevorkian. Even though I wanted to run downstairs to see if they needed any more extras, I reluctantly proceeded to my hearing (which went quite well in case you were wondering.) Rather than going to the conference room, I had my client execute a document in the corridor with two attorneys I found in the hallway to act as witnesses. I then proceeded to file my documents at the Probate counter hoping I wouldn't miss my big chance to be in the film. After waiting in line for nearly a half an hour, I started down the hallway to gaze out the windows. I pressed up against the window to see if I could catch a glimpse at the Godfather himself. With my nose against the glass, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the bailiff. He kindly said, "Ma'am, you can't be there. They are in the middle of filming."

So, when you go see the film, look up in the window during the Courthouse scene. If you see a girl with dark hair and a great nose, that's me. Please, no autographs.

2 comments:

  1. You look like a movie star. I'm surprised they even said anything to you. :) That is a very cool story, and I totally want your autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, like I said Immodest, you could have punched up the bailiff's one-liner a little; otherwise though, it's a great story ;)

    ReplyDelete